My First Review: Mac Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation in NW10

My very first review and its for my very first MAC Foundation. I had been put off MAC in the past, as the foundations were too dark for me (I had previously been sold NW20 and when I bought it home it turned out to be much too orange for my skin-tone.) I decided to try some of the lighter shades. I went for the MAC Studio Fix Plus Foundation Powder in NW10 (the lightest shade available) 

It came in a beautiful MAC Box (Sounds odd, but I keep all my make-up boxes) 

ITS HUGE! Look at it!!! HUGE! Covers my whole hand. Very Impressed! 
Yup: NW10 

It's brilliant for on the go touch ups as it comes with a handy little mirror. 
Look, at the paleness : ) 

Pale (No Flash) (It's almost white, with the flash on) 

BUT: It came with a cosmetic application sponge. I've only used it three times and it's already orange. SO un-hygienic! I'm either going to have to replace these every few days (what a waste) so that I don't get clogged up and I end up with spotty skin. I think it would be best to use a brush to apply the product. 

WARNING: My skin before hand VERY Red ) : and have more freckles than I thought I had too


With one slight application (lessened the redness and covered quite a few of my freckles) 


Close up: It's covered some of the spots on my chin and covered the redness on my nose. I've not used much here. But the coverage is VERY build-able. The product lets you apply as little as you want, or as much as you want. I only need a little bit to cover my redness. So far, so good : ) 



A Selfie : ) I only have 'one layer' on here. It's taken a lot of the redness out of skin and it feels lovely and comfy. It's covered my spots, but I didn't apply too much as it also lets my natural skin come through, so that I don't look too 'made-up' (perfect for work) 

It's kinda shocking how strange I look with just foundation on and no other make-up. 
I love the coverage of the MAC Powder, it even makes a good attempt at covering my under-eye purpleness, but I still still a little more concealer under my eyes 

a


I'm really happy with this foundation. It's the first MAC foundation and the first powder style foundation I have ever used.

It does have some amazing plus sides:

  • Amazing for all skin tones 
  • Looks natural 
  • Easy Application 
  • Build-able coverage 
  • Very Long Lasting 
  • Mirror included for on the go touch ups
  • Really good for oily skin
  • I've also heard that this can be used wet too, which I would love to try
It does have some downsides too: 
  • You need to moisturize like crazy before applying it, otherwise it highlights any dryness on the skin 
  • The sponge that's included is very un-hygienic
  • Can look a little too powdery on dry skin (well it does contain talc!) 
  • No SPF (This may be better for pictures though) 
I'm really happy with this, and I am going to keep on using it. However I feel that the MAC Studio Fix Fluid might be better for my dry skin (I've put it on my wishlist, so hopefully I will be getting my hands on it soon) 

Do you own any MAC Foundations, what do you think of them? 
What's your 'go to' foundation? 

PS: I apologize that I look about 15 in this post, I'm actually 24 (Crazy I know!) 

EP 
xxx



11 comments :

  1. I'm really excited to find a beauty blog written by someone as pale as I am! I'm interested in your foundation reviews. It is so hard to find anything light enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so lovely to hear, Thank you : D
      I always struggle to find pale foundations, one day I will find the perfect shade : )
      There will be lots more make-up for us pale-peeps coming up xx

      Delete
  2. oohhh i love this, i have this in NC20 and i swear by it. it goes so well with the studio fix foundation as well xxx

    www.fashionfumblings.com xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you : ) Your blog is one of my absolute favs!

      I cannot wait to get the Studio Fix Foundation, I think I might just go order it now xx

      Delete
  3. I've got this too, I use it to set my foundation when I want heavier coverage. I love MAC Studio Fix Fluid foundation. NARS Sheer glow and Laura Mercier silk creme are my other favourites xx
    http://makeupbeautyshopping.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to try Laura Mercier Silk Creme, I've heard such amazing things about it! xx

      Delete
  4. Great review!
    I love this product i think its so worth its money as you said in the post its huge! and you do get a lot of coverage with this powder which is always a plus if you're like me and have horrid skin!
    Love your blog <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Outstanding review! I have this too, I love it!
    I've followed you on GFC, please check me out. devonabeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. FYI, N3, N4, C2, and C3 are all much lighter than NW10.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments! They really brighten up my day. Feel free to leave your links, but do not ask me to follow you, If you need anything else, just send me an email beautysupergirl@hotmail.com
Love EP xx

Skimlinks Test